Which view for statistics from multiple tables

Hi, 

i've a Google Sheet database with multiple tables in it.

I'd like to concentrate in one view some statistics (for example how many records are in table1, table2, ... total records of all tables, and so on).

Which is the best approach for that / which views to choose ?

I've tried with chart but it can be handle one table at time and i'd like to have instead, as said, one page for all my tables.

Don't seem also mutiple charts can be inserted in the same dashboard view.

And frankly i don't know if chart is also the correct way to go.

Thanks for any hints ... 

0 7 226
7 REPLIES 7

@FaCe wrote:

Don't seem also mutiple charts can be inserted in the same dashboard view.

One can include multiple charts in the same dashboard. The below dashboard has 3 charts- each chart is on a different table- Orders, Customers and Products.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1686897017382.png

And the below dashboard is comprised of the same data as above but just in tabular form. 3 views on 3 different tables again.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1686897399238.png

Great, so do you think the best way to go is this for my needs ?

If i need for example to sum all the records from all the tables i can do that ?

In general, yes. 

@FaCe wrote:

If i need for example to sum all the records from all the tables i can do that ?

Typically you should be able to do so by imaginative use of Group by and Sum etc settings and adding some VCs ( not aggregating type VCs with SELECT() , SUM() etc. functions but just text type VCs)

Summary Dashboards.gif

@FaCe wrote:

Great, so do you think the best way to go is this for my needs ?

I think that you yourself need to analyze based on your total requirements and available features.  ๐Ÿ™‚

The community can suggest /explain available options, features, workarounds

So i've to create multiple charts views first and then add all of them in a dashboard is correct ?

And if i don't want to show the single chart view but only dashboard ?

One more please: in dashboard may i aggregate data of all the views in one only chart view?

@FaCe wrote:

So i've to create multiple charts views first and then add all of them in a dashboard is correct ?

Correct

@FaCe wrote:

This question is not clear. Could you rephrase.

@FaCe wrote:

One more please: in dashboard may i aggregate data of all the views in one only chart view?

This is not possible.

@FaCe wrote:

This question is not clear. Could you rephrase.

After create multiple chart views i don't want to display them but only all_of_them_in_dashboard_view is it possibile ?

What code to insert in the single chart views show_if ?

@FaCe wrote:

This is not possible.

and how to solve this ? To have a view where aggregate data of all the tables what i've to implement / use ?

@FaCe wrote:

After create multiple chart views i don't want to display them but only all_of_them_in_dashboard_view is it possibile ?

What code to insert in the single chart views show_if ?

If I understand you, please make all individual chart views with position as ref type and include those in dashboard view. Then they will show only in the dashboard view.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1686968893970.png

@FaCe wrote:

and how to solve this ? To have a view where aggregate data of all the tables what i've to implement / use ?

As I mentioned that is not possible.

Top Labels in this Space