White-Label Applications for Internal Company Apps

Currently I have 6 users that use between 2-4 applications. At least 3 of the applications are configured to use offline due to the nature of connectivity problems when using the apps in the field, which they are designed to be more field oriented vs office setting.

Running these applications through the AppSheet application on iOS at least (don't have any experience with Android at the moment), I find that switching applications by going through the App Gallery function in the app menu, becomes very cumbersome.

I was hoping individuals that have used white-labeling could give me some perspective in using that functionality, especially when it comes to internal apps? My concerns are more closely related to user access, I presume that if only certain users are authorized, that this authorization is maintained in white-label apps? Furthermore, are white-label apps only downloadable via Apple Store or Google Play Store, or would a user still be able to download a 'native' version of the app via the Share App functionality, without having to go through the App Stores? By white-labeling an app, does it become discoverable within the App Stores, even though user authorization is heavily restricted (as in very few people in the world population can actually use it)? How does any of the above affect Apple or Google review whether they allow you to make the application available through their respective App Stores, is it even subject to their review process when it's considered 'internal' only?

I appreciate any input.

0 4 134
4 REPLIES 4

Are yo

@Markus_Malessa wrote:

I find that switching applications by going through the App Gallery function in the app menu, becomes very cumbersome.

Are you wanting to white label your apps to solve this problem? If so, why don't you instead just create a simple launcher view in each app, with links to the other apps, and avoid the app gallery?

Does this open the other application within a separate "window/application" on the mobile device, as in running each application independently, or will it launch the other application in the "AppSheet App" and you have to go through the loading screens each time vs just being able to switch between them like you would any other app on your device? 

The iOS app is hosting your "applications" and does not open a new instance of itself when switching between your own apps so you will see the sync screen. 

That was my understanding, so I thought I would just ask for clarification again just in case there is an alternative between the "hosting" option and the "white-labeling".

Top Labels in this Space