Whitelabel app not working on iOS 15

I just updated my iphone with the latest iOS 15 and when I try to launch the app, it says โ€œthe developer of this app need to update it to work with this version of iOSโ€. Is this something Appsheet developers are doing or is it something I need to do?

0 3 126
3 REPLIES 3

You have have any other non-whitelable Appsheet Apps that are on your phone that you can test if they work?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

My impression (which may be wrong!) is that white-labeled apps (and self-published APK bundles) are point-in-time snapshots of the AppSheet framework, and do not get updates to the AppSheet framework. In order to get those AppSheet-provided framework updates (including AppSheet bug fixes and new features), you need to republish your white-label app and users need to install that update.

Apps that arenโ€™t white-labeled (and arenโ€™t self-published APK bundles) use the separate AppSheet app for the framework. That separate AppSheet app will receive AppSheet-provided framework updates. Because the AppSheet app is independent from any white-labeled apps, apps run through the AppSheet app are virtually guaranteed to have bug fixes and the latest features that your white-labeled apps do not.

All of the above is conjecture and may be wrong! Iโ€™ve never white-labeled an app.

Hi, when was your app last whitelabeled? Old 32-bit apps will stop working on iOS 15.

Top Labels in this Space