Why appsheet doesnt update data in real time?

Hi!

Why doesn't appsheet automatically update in real time when a user uploads new data?

it is a bit tedious to have to manually update the app

Thanks!

0 7 114
7 REPLIES 7

Because it wasn't designed to do that.

what a shame, hope in future

@marinocity wrote:

what a shame

I am curious why?  What is the use case you have that requires real time updates?

for example, in a inventory app when some user modify quantity,  you have to update manually to see these changes,

@marinocity wrote:

when some user modify quantity,  you have to update manually to see these changes,

Not exactly - depends on how you have your app configured and the circumstances.

If it is the same user that made the changes and the app is implemented well, that user will see their changes immediately.

For other users, the change must be pushed out to the server and then is updated into every other users device upon the next Sync.  That Sync can be manual.  But normally that other user doesn't need to make any conscience effort to see the new updates.  If that other user is active within the app, making changes, there are Sync's happening automatically in the background all throughout that activity.  The new updates will just appear.

Additionally, for inactive users, there is an automatic background Sync, if turned on in the app, that occurs about every 30 minutes. 

For details on the app settings, please refer to the article in @Steve s post.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@marinocity most of us had ask the same question and the same answer. Thats life!

that been said. When its INVENTORY we talk about.. you can enable some ways to compensate this situation. for example I have two diffenret type of invnetory in the different warehouse posts, one for supplies an other for equipment. So I created on table for each post for each type. This way no user record will replace the other user record in the same table.

Top Labels in this Space