Why does my invoice pdf come in blank, when I open it from my email?

I currently have a point of sales app, where I have created an automation, which allows AppSheet to automatically send a pdf attachment once I saved my receipt.

The problem is that when AppSheet sends the pdf file, it comes out blank.

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 10.29.47 AM.png

I have checked the expressions on the google doc; they are correct. โ€ƒ

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 10.51.16 AM.png

The app is functioning as it should. But, items just do not display on the pdf, as they do in the app (as shown below).

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 10.55.37 AM.png

โ€ƒ

0 6 687
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the AppSheet community.

The template expressions, in general,  look good.

Just to check a remote possibility.

The receipt number you have shared in the PDF and in the app are different. Hope the receipt number you are trying to create PDF has associated items. Or you may want to try by creating PDF for  the receipt record where there are associated items for sure.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar. I really appreciate you taking time to look into my query.

Yes, the receipt record and the pdf are in sync. 

The screenshots in the post aren't for the same receipt. I screen shot the pdf from an older transaction. Apologies for that @Suvrutt_Gurjar . 

Thank you so much @Koichi_Tsuji. I appreciate this.

I looked into it.

Nonetheless, the bot works. Every time I save the parent form, it does send a pdf to the designated email.

The problem is that the email always comes in blank. 

(I also checked the references. I did make the child reference for receipt as part of the parent table.)

Hold on I was referring to one of the columns in my child sheet (Items in Receipts) referencing one column of one of the parent sheets (Receipts). 

However the other parent sheet (Items), which the child sheet is referencing, I did not set to: โ€œas part ofโ€ this other parent sheet. 

Just realized, probably this May the reason why Iโ€™m not seeing the items, which are being referenced from the (Items) parent sheet. 

Will get back to you guys on this. 

I couldn't make "as part of for" the child sheet with two different parent sheets.

As of now, there still isn't any items in my sales receipt

Top Labels in this Space