Why is Inline View not considering the column order set?

I have set me column order for one of the Inline views as follows (Image 1) but it doesnt seem to be taking that in the UX ( Image 2) . I have not given grouping too… Still its taking the grouping on its own.

3X_9_4_94600d831503040f20558372f4369223b1078f50.png

0 8 147
  • UX
8 REPLIES 8

Are there more than one inline view on that child table and are some of those inline views based on slices?

DS → DS_Items → DS_Items_PL

DS - 1st Level - Despatch Slip
DS_Items - 2nd Level - Items in that despatch slip
DS_Items_PL - 3rd Level - Items Packing lots as they are Packed

This is the order of my Tables for the Despatch Slip. The Image I have sent is of the the inline view of the DS_Items inside the DS_Detail and It hosts only one inline view.

Irrespective of its placement, the DS_Items_Inline view is not accepting the order I am giving at all.

Please try below.

Create a slice on DS_Items table called say “DS_Items_Slice” with the desired column order defined in the slice as you need to show in the inline table view.

Create a reference table view on this slice.

In the reverse reference column of the DS table , please use this slice name.

Your existing reverse reference column ( [Related DS_Items] )expression will be something like REF_ROWS(“DS_Items”, “DS Key”).
Please change it to REF_ROWS(“DS_Items_Slice”, “DS Key”)

Ok Let me try that but do we really have to do all this because its the complete data and I really dont need slicing the data. Appsheet usually takes the inline view and renders . Why I do not understand its not taking now . Could it be a bug ?

I believe if you have only one parent/child combination view, then one could change the column order in the inline view itself.

Are there more than one reverse reference column in the parent table and/or are there more than one view on the parent table based on say slices that also have child table inline views?

Yes , Its only one Parent / Child Combination View . DS_Detail and inside that DS_Items as inline.

No, There is only one reverse reference column in the DS Table.

Oh okay.

You have mentioned all three table names starting with DS. However, in your shared picture, the table names seem to be starting with DO. Would it not be Related DS_Items? But the picture shows Related DO_Items as a column name. So also DO_ID etc. Any specific reason?

You may also wish to verify what name the inline view and its table slice are showing as below against the inline view name where you are changing the column order. Are those same?

Edits to the post.

Sorry Suvrutt about that but I had changed the name later on…after I posted the first post as the DO and DO_Items were confusing. The Fresh names are DS, DS_Items and DS_Items_PL

As for the view, I just checked that the view is DS_Items instead of DS_Items_Inline after clicking on the view button below the inline list in the DS .

3X_d_1_d1b48c50d4fcf5e700471894aafb9ad1520ac5a8.png

I also realise after a complete check that the Inline view is taking the Primary View itself i.e DS_Items instead of DS_Items_Inline. Any change I make in the Primary View is getting reflected in the inline view.

Top Labels in this Space