Why isn't a shared folder on OneDrive visible...

Why isnโ€™t a shared folder on OneDrive visible as a shared folder?

When I try to add a new data source in AppSheet and choose OneDrive, it only lists Documents, Pictures and one other folder I created in the account. However when I log into the same OneDrive (personal) account on line, it includes another folder in my Files too. That other folder is not one I own but one that has been shared with me by another user who has given me the ability to edit files in that folder. Why isnโ€™t it visible in AppSheet so I can connect to it?

0 2 1,052
2 REPLIES 2

Weโ€™re just reflecting what the OneDrive API exposes. While they both share the name โ€œOneDriveโ€, there are different underlying technologies used by Microsoft to implement the consumer/personal OneDrive and OneDrive for Business (what comes with Office365). I suspect the personal version perhaps doesnโ€™t expose shared files.

Thanks Praveen.

My One Drive is linked to Office 365 so I guess OneDrive for business must be a step above that in functionality.

I really need to start learning Google Script and dump Excel altogether as MS clearly donโ€™t want to support reliable file sharing with AppSheet on their basic product

Top Labels in this Space