Why virtual column won’t appeared in spreadsheet?

Please, when I create virtual column, It won’t appeared in spreadsheet.
the formula work fine on virtual column but on normal column it dosen’t work gives always error
the formula is : Sum (SELECT (mytable[column], [_THISROW].[column] = [column]))

Thanks for all

0 10 468
10 REPLIES 10

No, they do not.

Expressions should work the same whether in real or virtual columns. The difference is in when they get evaluated. Virtual columns evaluate upon every sync, real columns only when a record is edited. What was the error?

same formula but the result no
Sorry it doesn’t give any error i was wrong but I want the resulet to be appeared in spreadsheet , otherwise , is there any way to make it appered on spreadsheet ???

Virtual column values are not recorded in your spreadsheet. To record data in the spreadsheet, you must have a column in the spreadsheet for the data, and a normal column–not a virtual column–in the table of the app that uses the column of the spreadsheet.

As you seem to have noticed, app formulas for virtual columns remain updated, but app formulas for normal columns do not. Virtual column values are updated whenever the app syncs. Normal columns with app formulas update only when the row itself is updated, such as when edited in a form or modified by an action.

In your case, I suggest you investigate actions. Using an action, you can update a normal column value when certain events happen, such as when a sale is made, or an item is added or removed from inventory. The updated normal column value will then be recorded to your spreadsheet.

thank you friend for responding me …I follow all what you said but I still want the result to be appeared on my spredsheet … virual column works while normal column doesn’t work

working with actions !!! intill now am beginner, I am working only with basics tools this level hope to be the next

its your spreadsheet column set to editable?

Yes its editable

does it work after a sync?

no it dosn’t work , same formula works "on virtual column on the app ", but “on the natural colmun related to the spreedsheet neither works nor recorded”

no it dosn’t work , same formula works "on virtual column on the app ", but “on the natural colmun related to the spreedsheet neither works nor recorded”

You need to open the record up to edit for the expression to evaluate, have you done so?

Top Labels in this Space