Word Template <<Start statement

I am in the process of moving workflow templates from Google Docs to Word and having an issue with the Start statements. The following works in Google Docs but gives an " invalid due to: Unable to find function ‘START: SELECT’. " error when invoked in the Word template. Is the syntax different in Word?

0 9 649
9 REPLIES 9

@sloganuga
How you have constructed your template? Can you give us a screenshot or similar that we can look at?

Example Below
2X_a_a583d3b7ebd4ead1467293485d04df64590df3cf.png

@sloganuga
May I ask why are you using [_THISROW-1] de-ref? Is this template generated from a child table and you are trying to get the parent records?

That’s correct. The child table is the primary source of info but several fields are populated from the parent table. This statement works in Google Docs but not Word. I am able to pull the same info using virtual columns in the child table, but the de-ref was a convenient way to do the same.

Thank you,
Stephen Logan

@Phil can you take a look at this?

Stephen,

Can you provide:

1. The account id
  2. The app name
  3. The rule name

Sure. I created a test version of the app as I have continued to work on the primary version.

1. The account id - 660349
  2. The app name - Harv Insp Form Testing
  3. The rule name - Inspection Report

I can also email you the Word template if that would help.

As always, I appreciate everyone be so helpful.

Thanks,
Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I recently rewrote the HTML template parser.
While doing this, I fixed the problem that is causing your Start expression to fail.
I have just added you to the rollout for that fix.
Your template should start working when we deploy this change on Monday 6/24 in the afternoon Seattle time.

Thanks Phil!

Top Labels in this Space