Work on same app in multiple browser tabs

I would like the ability to work on various aspects of the app in multiple tabs in a browser.

When I attempt this and have edits in two different tabs and save one the other complains on save about the save version and I have to re-open that tab and redo the edits. Unless I am missing some setting that allows thisโ€ฆ

Perhaps this is a feature request for a local โ€œmergeโ€ operation that will merge changes between tabs on request

0 1 105
1 REPLY 1

Not possible.

This is the expected behavior. Each instance of the editor queues up the next version number, reserving it as the number that will be applied when you save that edit session.

When another instance is opened, it queues up the NEXT version number, invalidating the previous one. The first version of the editor will no longer be able to save any edits once a new instance has started and taken a higher version number.

I donโ€™t think thereโ€™s any chance of such a feature being added. You might want to break your app apart into separate modules. They could still share a data source, but have separate apps and be edited at the same time.

Top Labels in this Space