Workaround to call an action from a BOT

Hi, 

I've been wondering the Q&A section on all topic to find a workable solution for th issue I'm facing.

To give you some background, I want to call PDF or external URL action from within a BOT. Seems this is not possible so I created an App Script to open an URL which isn't working due to not being allowed since it doesn't invoke a user input... an provides an error. FYI the app only has the add function visible and is not showing the detailed records so I cannot use the action buttons there. I wanted to link the BOT to the PDF open action or alternative way to execute it...

Any help is much appreciated. 

0 7 448
7 REPLIES 7

In other words I'm running in circles, getting a bit mentally down on the topic ... ๐Ÿ˜’ 

Bots run on the server, not on your local client app. Thus, they cannot affect the local client app at all. This includes navigating to views, opening files, opening URLs.

With other words it is not possible to interact with the client side. Perhaps there is an alternative way to execute the registered URL in the database and open it via the client? 

Perhaps. But I can't really tell what you're trying to do.

Have you tried a basic "open external URL" action?

Hi Marc, 

Yes as this doesn't work in my context, the app generates labels. I don't want to use the detailed record form and only use the add form to created the labels to the customer without them seeing the already generated records. Once they are generated a label a html popup should appear via a bot or otherwise with the label without leaving the add record form in order to print it. See screenshot:

jbecaus_0-1677240291092.png

So when execute save, it generates the label in PDF and stores the info in the appsheet, next step is to open the existing record open PDF or use external URL via the appsheet info. Except I cannot get this to work via a BOT or action without leaving this screen perhaps?

Closest you can get is to email the file. You can also email directly to the printer to auto-print.

Unfortunate the printer is a ZEBRA label unit, that doesn't support this functionality unless I'm mistaken.

Top Labels in this Space