Workflow Email Issue

I’m having issues with the Workflow. I have 3 tables (Rentals, Inflatables, and Customers).

I setup a workflow so that Add & Updates to Rentals Triggers an email. My goal is to send an email confirmation to my customer and copy myself, but what is happening is that ALL Email addresses in my Customers Table are being included on the TO: line.

I used Customer[Email] as the TO address assuming it would automatically associate only the Customer related to the Rental.

Can anyone tell me what I’m missing? My old app only had one table, and the email confirmation worked correctly with it, so I’m assuming it has to do with multiple tables.

Thanks,
Rob

0 2 358
2 REPLIES 2

For anyone else who experiences this issue, AppSheet is working exactly as designed. I needed to change the fields to reference only the workflow table. So instead of

CustomerTable[Field]
I needed to use
[ReferenceTableField].[CustomerTableField]

@Rob_Zehentner - thanks for sharing back your findings. I also found shifting from a single table app to a many table app required a bit of care and understanding of table relationships - I kept ended up with some unexpected results. Lots to learn about Refs, DeRefs, Selects, Lookups, _THISROW, etc.

Glad you figured it out.

Top Labels in this Space