Workflow Rule: template won't create

So Iโ€™m trying to test out the Webhook/API thing so I can copy a row to another table in a different app. When a record (row) is marked as a โ€œwarrantyโ€ repair, I want to be able to hit a button that copies that particular row to another table in a different app. Iโ€™ve read and gone over the Support documentation multiple times and have copied the closest thing I can find: โ€œhttps://help.appsheet.com/integrations/api/example-copying-newly-added-recordsโ€, and just wanted to see how the template looks so I can figure out how it works. But I hit the โ€œcreateโ€ button, and it populates a file name with a partial address, but when I go to look at it, the file does not exist.

I have successfully created templates for other workflow rules, but it doesnโ€™t seem to work on this one. Any ideas?

0 9 609
9 REPLIES 9

I can investigate if you provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The app name
  3. The workflow rule name

Account ID: 878697
app name: Service
workflow rule: Copytowrty

@Belinda in addition to the article, if you want to copy or โ€˜look under the hoodโ€™ of this sample app, you can compare your setup: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/Autocreated-from-Google-Sheets?appGuidString=60327b1d-aa66-433b-996...

I will look at this too, thank you much!

H Belinda,

Please try setting the โ€œHTTP content typeโ€ to JSON,
Then try the โ€œCreateโ€ again.

i did have it set on JSON, but changed it to each type to see if it would work. Iโ€™ll change it back and try again.

changed it back, cleared the field, saved, and tried to create again - nothing created.

Hi Belinda,

You uncovered a bug.

Your Webhook URL is referring to a table in another one of your apps. I am only looking for the table in the current app. When I donโ€™t find the table you specify, I exit without creating the JSON body.

I will try to fix the problem this weekend.

In the interim, you can do the following.

1. Go to the app where the table resides.
  2. Add a webhook workflow rule.
  3. Specify the webhook URL and refer to the local table.
  4. Click the โ€œCreateโ€ button.
  5. This should create the JSON Body because we will find the table in the current app.
  6. Copy and use the JSON Body in your original app.
  7. Delete the workflow rule you created in step 2.

Hi Belinda,

If you look now, your webhook workflow rule should have a Body template.

I have enhanced the code to handle the case when the Webhook URL is referring to a table in another one of your apps. I then used the enhanced code to create a Body template for you.

If testing goes well, this enhancement should be released on the afternoon of Monday June 2 Seattle time.

If you want to recreate the JSON Body yourself in the interim, you will need to follow the steps I listed above.

Top Labels in this Space