Workflow Save File Template using Google Docs

TonyR

I used the Create feature in Workflowโ€™s Save File Template. It created a Google doc just fine and it worked. I started formatting the Template, adding bold and changing the font color to the responses (everything like <<[Name]>>). I finished formatting, tested and no file. I know the workflow worked because I also have it creating an email and that worked. So I recreated the template and after every ten edits to formatting I tested. Two times the testing failed, I used undo in google docs to go back to the last time the template worked, tested again, it worked. I started formatting again. Followed this process until I formatted and tested the entire template successfully. My question is, why is simple formatting of the template breaking it?

0 8 848
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Thanks Steve.
I looked at the audit log. I forgot I to include the error I received in the original post. Sorry.
Body template. Contains expression โ€˜<<[Anxiety]>>Anxiety Description: <<[Anxiety Description]>>โ€™ having a start token โ€˜<<โ€™ with an incomplete end token โ€˜>>โ€™ following โ€˜<<[Anxiety]>>โ€™ Error: The document body is empty",
I checked the template and all expressions began and ended with << and >>. Is there something I need to look for that could cause the app the inability to read the end token? I looked at the HTML version of the template and all tokens looked fine.

Can you post a screenshot of the template?

Sure. Thanks.

Youโ€™ll have to open in a new window to read

See topic โ€œTroubleshooting Start and End Expressionsโ€ in this article https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/961746-template-start-expressions.

You probably have a carriage return in the midst of the expression somewhere that is throwing off the parser.

Thanks Phil - I wondered if it was something like that based on the way the error was stated in the audit log. Iโ€™ll be careful to watch out for carriage returns before and after the tokens in future templates.

Have you gotten this working? Was a carriage return the problem?

Steve - I havenโ€™t created a new template to try out. And based on other threads, It appears a good way to solve both the carriage return and logo moving, is to always use a table in the template to place the data elements. Thanks again for all your help.

Top Labels in this Space