Workflow doesn't work exactly

HI, I did a workflow to generate a quote using a google sheet that is sent directly to the customer’s email, but it happens that the fields on my sheet are not filled in, leaving them empty,

but, if I modify the quote, the workflow is executed and it works properly.
How can I resolve the problem?

Solved Solved
0 10 554
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay… the reason is what I thought. With your existing structure it’s not sending correct data from child table when you add new records because the parent record is saved before child records. That’s why it’s working corretly when you update records. You need to adjust your flow a little. Check this sample app “Parent Workflow” from here… https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Are you reading data for these tables from related child records?

Hi Aleksi. What you mean? i try to explain:I compile the table of the estimate, the workflow prepares only the pdf but without content as in the first photo, so I have to reopen the same content, modify some data and at this point the workflow works correctly filling in all the fields as in the second photo

For me it sounds that you are reading data from related table (child records with the Ref field) for your template. Are you able to take a prinscreen from your template?

yes

The template is correct, it works but in a second time, the fist it remain uncompleted…as if I had not entered any data

Okay… the reason is what I thought. With your existing structure it’s not sending correct data from child table when you add new records because the parent record is saved before child records. That’s why it’s working corretly when you update records. You need to adjust your flow a little. Check this sample app “Parent Workflow” from here… https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/531778

than i’ve to insert an action to add for eg the date…is it correct?

thanx, now it works.

You’re welcome

I’ve 2 question: can i do workflow with the action to change data and send e-mail?

2nd: i tried to insert a row in the table of my google sheet, but not the workflow doesn’t work.

BEFORE (WORKFLOW WORKS)

AFTER MODIFY (WORKFLOW DOESN’T WORK)

Top Labels in this Space