Workflow exceptions

Hi

I have created a database of tenants in my rental property, now I want automate sending payments receipts, using workflows, with a pdf attachment.

I have columns for all the months, January to December. In each month, the value is either “Paid”, "Unpaid ".

The workflow is based on updates. But I want the updates to be taken only from the columns of Months, for that month.

Please help.

0 7 341
7 REPLIES 7

Would you please elaborate this one… “I want the updates to be taken only from”, thanks.

Thanks for responding.

I want the workflow to be sent only if there are changes on months columns,

Currently even when I change the name of the tenant it sends the workflow, and I don’t want that

You can check the change like AND(ISBLANK([JAN]),[_THISROW_BEFORE].[JAN]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[JAN]) but you need to use OR and 12 condition checks… quite big formula. You could merge your columns with an additional column like [JAN]&[FEB]&… and then you would need to check only one column is it changed or not.

, I don’t understand, what you mean.

Let’s say I could create 12 workflows (for each month ) which sends a rent payment receipt, when it’s respective month is changed to “Paid”, how do I make the workflow to only work when there is a change/update on a specific column? (That particular change on that column, must be the only thing that triggers the workflow )

Without knowing your structure, then you could create 12 different workflows where the condition rule in January is AND([_THISROW_AFTER].[JAN]=“Paid”,[_THISROW_BEFORE].[JAN]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].[JAN])

It works. Thank you

You’re welcome

Top Labels in this Space