Workflow for inspection Client to supplier to Client

amitju

Hi,

i am new to appsheet & trying to create a inspection workflow. the one provided as sample is not helpful.

1. Form/ Table will have fields where client can enter the image & details & tag vendor. - i have complete this will required fields. how do i send to vendor & vendor should able to just update fields which are him.
  2. Tag vendor will receive the same. once received vendor complete the job & update on the status with image โ€”
  3. Client will check the same & update the same on the app. if everything fine its closed. If there is more rectification/replace required client will send back to vendor.
0 3 310
3 REPLIES 3

@amitju Welcome to AppSheet and sorry you have not had a quicker response. Honestly, its not perfectly clear what you are trying to accomplish. this might be why you havenโ€™t had a quicker response.

First, question isโ€ฆAre you trying to accomplish your workflow in a single app? Or do you have client version and a vendor version of the app?

Iโ€™ll assume a single app. If so, it sounds like you are asking โ€œHow to notify the vendor that there is an inspection that needs to be completed with the vendor details?โ€

Help with this question really depends on your app design. There are many ways to handle it but it is largely dependent on the way you wish for your clients and vendors to interact with the app.

Provide us with some more details about the structure of your app and how you would like the communication to happen between the clients and vendors.

Some examples:

1. You could have a Client Work Display that only the clients see and a Vendor Work Display that only the vendors can see. Then they simply check periodically for any inspections that need their attention.

2. With 1) above, you could use a workflow to send an email or even an SMS message to notify them an inspection needs their attention.

3. As I already eluded to, you could have separate apps instead of separate views.

4. etc, many other suggestions can be made.

amitju

@WillowMobileSystems Thanks a ton. i was trying for the option 1 as you suggested. Need help with creating View & Workflow part. is there any quick training notes or video to help do the same?

Top Labels in this Space