Workflow to create a file in a new or existing folder

Hello, I am having an issue creating a file when a new row is added to a sheet. I want to use the file creation to also create a custom folder.  When I set up the automation, everything seems to run smoothly.  The audit log says that the file (from a template) and folder are created exactly how I want, but the folder does not appear within Drive.

I have tried many workarounds, but with no luck.  The only success I have had with folder creation is saving user photos to Drive. This works perfectly. 

Any ideas why I am having problems with the workflow?

Solved Solved
0 7 207
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have solved the issue.  Long story but I had started building the app with my gmail before transferring the app to my work email.  Work authenticates through microsoft and somehow i ended up with two appsheet accounts with the same email. one the authenticated thru google and the other thru microsoft. after figuring this out and transferring everything over to the google account, the doc creation worked.  frustrating but solved! thanks for your willingness to help

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Are you 100% sure the folders (generated by BOT) does not exist inside the app default folder?

If not, check it out. The files are always saved under this default folder when it comes to Automation.

Snag_aa81826.png

โ€ƒ

I am sure. When a folder is created because of an image upload, it is
there. But when I try to create one via the workflow and document creation,
it is not there. Itโ€™s nowhere to be found on the Drive.

Here is the audit log which indicates that the bot has ran and created the file in the path that I want.  I have verified the default folder as you suggested. Still, when I go to the drive, the folder and document are not there. @Aleksi @LeventK 

appsheet error.png

@Justin_A wrote:

When a folder is created because of an image upload, it is
there

Two completely different things.

As @Koichi_Tsuji said, you have to look at the "default app folder", not the folder where the worksheet is. Two different things not related with one another.

Files uploaded are saved relative to the worksheet location.
Files generated are saved relative to the default app folder.

Also, please read the docs.

Archive email attachments - AppSheet Help

I understand what you are saying.  In my case, the default app folder and the worksheet location are the same. The redacted portion of the audit log image is my default folder. 

We cannot verify that since it's deleted from your screenshot

I have solved the issue.  Long story but I had started building the app with my gmail before transferring the app to my work email.  Work authenticates through microsoft and somehow i ended up with two appsheet accounts with the same email. one the authenticated thru google and the other thru microsoft. after figuring this out and transferring everything over to the google account, the doc creation worked.  frustrating but solved! thanks for your willingness to help

Top Labels in this Space