Wrong row appearing in adjustment section of inventory management

Hi, I have just created an app for the purposes of stock management recording

When I select a product i wish to adjust the stock level for, the app takes me to a different product

i can't find a reason behind this and hoping someone is able to help

thank you

0 8 124
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, Welcome to the community.

You looking for someone who can help you (a name) or seeking a solution?

If the latter, you need to share what you have - table/columns definition, expected results/actual results, etc.

Hi TeeSee1,

Thank you for that. Attached photos show what i am working with 

When selecting highlighted row I am taken to the next screen which is the correct product as selected, however when i select the blue edit icon at the bottom of the page i am taken to the third image which is the wrong product.

1.png2.png3.png

Very strange behavior.๐Ÿ˜• This is the default system generated edit button, right๏ผŸ

What is the key column of this table๏ผŸ

Hi TeeSee1,

The Key is set to product name

I see duplicate values for the Product Name. How did you even build the table in the first place? Did you just enter data directly in the spreadsheet? If you entered data thru AppSheet UX, then no duplicates should can be entered in a key column.

Anyway, I suspect this is the cause of the problem though I am not 100% sure.

Yes created direct in the spreadsheet. The Product name is the start and the variation column differentiates them each.

Any idea how I would work around this issue? would changing the key to the variation column resolve the issue perhaps?

It appears as though marking product name, variation, size and type all as key has resolved the issue. thank you for your help

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10106672?hl=en

Make sure all those you have chosen as part of the multi-column key is valid.

Top Labels in this Space