XLSX Email Template - Filtering

Using an XLSX file as the template in an automated BOT report, I wish to only show rows that have a [Type] of "Menu". How could I do this using this but it shows all items contained within the datasource:

Menu ItemDisplay NameOrderSubheadingTypeLocalAdmin?Sites?Super Admin?GDPR?Dashboard?Further Information.External LinkIcon
<<Start: Filter(Menu, true)>><<[Menu Item]>><<[Display Name]>><<[Order]>><<[Subheading]>><<[Type]>><<[Local]>><<[Admin?]>><<[Sites?]>><<[Super Admin?]>><<[GDPR?]>><<[Dashboard?]>><<[Further Information.]>><<[External Link]>>
<<[Icon]>><<End>>

I've tried using slices and can't get slices to work. Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 14 225
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Please try with a <<START>> expression of 

<<Start: Filter("Menu", [Type]="Menu")>>

View solution in original post

Yes that is possible. 

For example , you could have an expression something like 

<<Start: Filter("Menu", AND ( [Type]="Menu", [Subheading]="Super"))>>

The second argument in FILTER() should evaluate to TRUE or FALSE in terms of a row's columns that are included in the second argument of the FILTER() function to filter in/filter out that row.

FILTER() - AppSheet Help

If you have already applied necessary filtering in the slice, then slice based start expression need not have filtering argument.

For example if you have already created a slice called "Menu_Slice" on  the "Menu" table with a slice filter expression such as AND( [Type]="Menu", [Sites?]), then the slice has already filtered in rows with the necessary conditions.

In such a case , the start expression can be simply

<<START: Menu_Slice[Key column of Menu Table]>>

This will create a list of keys from the slice " Menu_Slice". Other filtering is already done at the slice level itself.

14 REPLIES 14

Please try with a <<START>> expression of 

<<Start: Filter("Menu", [Type]="Menu")>>

That worked perfectly. Is it possible to have more than 1 filter expression?

In general yes. Could you elaborate?

Sorry, to explain better. I can use AND(......) to filter by more than 1 item, is that possible with this expression.

Say I wanted to filter the Menu as before but then also filter if "Sites?" = Yes.

Have to say it would be so much easier if I could filter by a sliced Data.

@Domearian wrote:

Have to say it would be so much easier if I could filter by a sliced Data.

That should also be possible. You should be able to use slice in the <<START>> expressions.

It what way? <<Start: Filter(SLICE HERE?"Menu", [Type]="Menu")>>

If you have already applied necessary filtering in the slice, then slice based start expression need not have filtering argument.

For example if you have already created a slice called "Menu_Slice" on  the "Menu" table with a slice filter expression such as AND( [Type]="Menu", [Sites?]), then the slice has already filtered in rows with the necessary conditions.

In such a case , the start expression can be simply

<<START: Menu_Slice[Key column of Menu Table]>>

This will create a list of keys from the slice " Menu_Slice". Other filtering is already done at the slice level itself.

Makes perfect sense. Thank you for explaining it. Thank you for you help. Much appreciated.

Yes that is possible. 

For example , you could have an expression something like 

<<Start: Filter("Menu", AND ( [Type]="Menu", [Subheading]="Super"))>>

The second argument in FILTER() should evaluate to TRUE or FALSE in terms of a row's columns that are included in the second argument of the FILTER() function to filter in/filter out that row.

FILTER() - AppSheet Help

That is perfect. Thank you so much for the solution. I shall make a note!

Just as a final question, I see that you cannot add "custom text" in any cells. Is that still the case? For instance: "Menu is:" <<Menu Item>>

Please try

<< CONCATENATE("Menu is: ", [Menu Item])>>

Top Labels in this Space