XY Map Display - Convert to Image (Snapshot?)

Hi all.  So I'd like to create a image of an XY map result and then display the image in an inline image field.  I need to display the map pins on the jpeg image together.

My current technique attempt has been to take a snapshot() of a deep link of a map view, but the virtual column times out before an image can be produced.  Any thoughts?

0 3 125
  • UX
3 REPLIES 3

@tlewis wrote:

My current technique attempt has been to take a snapshot() of a deep link of a map view, but the virtual column times out before an image can be produced

SNAPSHOT() - AppSheet Help

SkrOYC_0-1663849653818.png

@tlewis wrote:

So I'd like to create a image of an XY map result and then display the image in an inline image field

AFAIK you can't use XY images as inline views.

You could make a nother inline view that takes you to a detail view that has the image with the pins, although I'm not very familiar with XY, maybe @Fabian_Weller has some ideas?

True.  I guess I'm just trying to "swing for the fence" on this one by reducing the number of clicks the user has to navigate.

Hi @tlewis I'm happy to help with XY. But to be honest, I don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve. Maybe you can explain it a bit more, or even post some screenshots how it should look like?

Top Labels in this Space