Yes/No Display values for blank entries?

I added a new column to a dataset today to build a new view for marking and tracking patients who are aligned with the KCC program. I have added display values for Yes and No, but is there a way i can make the No display value also show if the field is blank?

mykrobinson_0-1703779539492.png

Solved Solved
0 4 231
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would make a descission based on how many rows of data you need to set a false value for currently blank entry. Then, if you are housing your data in a MySQL DB by chance, it would actually be really easy and relatively fast to update all rows with a current null value for this column and set it to false. Alternatively you can create a temporary action that would set the value to false and incorporate it as a button press at the table level or maybe a script in combination with a one time bot. This would be where you need to decide which will be more time saving. If you have thousands of records this needs to happen to then manual updating would be less desirable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure if that can be done. The best I can think of is to use a formula on the show, ISNOTBLANK([KCC])

It would seem that your actual data may have a 'blank' value in the field instead of 'no'/'false' for Non-KCC. Please let me know if that is in fact the case, then I would suggest changing all blank field values to No under which case your grouping header should hopefully change also.

that is precisely the case, since this is a new column with zero data entered yet. I suppose I can just go into the dataset and add the value for each row manually, just was wondering if there is another way around that.

I would make a descission based on how many rows of data you need to set a false value for currently blank entry. Then, if you are housing your data in a MySQL DB by chance, it would actually be really easy and relatively fast to update all rows with a current null value for this column and set it to false. Alternatively you can create a temporary action that would set the value to false and incorporate it as a button press at the table level or maybe a script in combination with a one time bot. This would be where you need to decide which will be more time saving. If you have thousands of records this needs to happen to then manual updating would be less desirable.

Top Labels in this Space