Zoho API webhook shows success in appsheet but not in Zoho

I have an app that uses an in-app trigger to send a webhook through the custom bot webhook automation. The issue is that it never shows up in Zoho, specifically Zoho invoice. The audit log in Appsheet shows the webhook action and shows Success at the end of the action in action details when I perform the trigger function. So in Appsheet it appers to be working but it never shows up in Zoho invoice. 

I have tried this multiple times and it always shows the same thing. I have tried this with the app deployed and not deployed. I have the Appsheet core account plan so I think this might be why it doesn't show up. Will the webhook function this way if I just have the core account?

Please help with your thoughts on this and if you need more information. I do not receive any errors or any indications that the api setup is incorrect.

Thank you all for your help

0 1 78
1 REPLY 1

@Capp wrote:

The audit log in Appsheet shows the webhook action and shows Success at the end of the action

Most likely the API call submission is being rejected by ZOHO.

AppSheet uses a "fire and forget" interface.  This means the request is submitted by AppSheet but the AppSheet service does not wait for a response from the external service you are calling. 

It is possible to configure a valid JSON payload to be submitted but the context does not meet certain syntax required by the external service and the request is rejected.  AppSheet will never know about this rejection.

I would first try to see if there are any logs available on ZOHO to explain the reason for the rejection.  In absence of that, I would recommend getting a tool such as Postman that allows you to setup and make calls into external service API's AND inspect the return results.  This will allow you to see if the JSON you are creating and sending to ZOHO is being accepted.  If not you can make the adjustments, confirm it works and apply the updates into AppSheet.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space