action + action: email + update record with a manual push

I want to manually trigger email + update date record. I cannot do this in Workflow as it seems to be end-of-life'd.

Bots is automatic and so far problematic.

• Dereferencing fails in text, html, and custom email templates. 
  • <<[Customer Name].[Purchase Date]>>. I get literally blank emails and broken apps. 
  • I flattened out the data so that there is no Dereferencing.  Using variables,  [Purchase Date] with or without <<>>. And still does not work.
  • It is really amounting to heavy HTML coding. uploading manual HTML templates, refreshing, ...
  • supposed to be NO CODE. HTML is coding.  

REQUESTS

• Consider bringing (back) the non-automated (no bot) workflows. 
  • Fix the BOTS for broken variable and dereferencing in txt and html emails
  • Get an HTML editor in BOTs!

Workaround: have 2 separate actions. perform the actions in succession. 

Caveats in Actions:

• No HTML
  • No CC in the emails
  • Who wants to do two things instead of one?

ferhatsf_0-1653749650506.png

0 1 79
1 REPLY 1

Bots do all the same things as Workflows/Reports, in essentially the same way, plus more functionality.

Dereferencing definitely still works in Bot Task Templates. You must be doing something wrong.

Arguing that something about Appsheet isn't good because it's supposed to be "no code" but it's not, is not a good argument. Expressions themselves are basically "code" and are an essential part of app-building. Appsheet 100% isn't, and never was, void of all code, it's just marketing.

Workflows will not be brought back.

If you need help with the dereferencing errors that you're facing, you should create a new post about it in the Q&A section (not the tips and tricks section here), with a lot more detail about your problem.

An HTML editor in Bots sounds intriguing. How would you envision that working?

Top Labels in this Space