action behavior condition in another app

Hi!

What I'm doing is a set of workorder apps.

Curently I made app that is for management and another app is for employees. There is data that is important to both management and employess, and there is data that is important only to employees or only to management. In management app we create workorder and add all the data that we need to manage a workorder. All of that data is imporatant for management and some of that data is important to employees. In employee apps there is only data that is imporatnt to employess but not all the data.

Now I want to add a funcionality to management app to  create PDF workorder that is meant for  employees and that contains all the data employee need to fulfill a workorder sucesfully.

I know that each workorder will have only one PDF workorder, so I created new app that is meant to create these PDFs. In management app I added an action button LINKTOFORM() to link to a PDF creation app form and make PDF workorder ID same as workorder ID in management app and also some other data. 

Now I have two or three problems.

Problem is that I don't want this action button if PDF for that workorder has already been created. So how to write behaviour condition that relates to another app? It would also be useful to add action to view PDF if already created. Or to change row header color to indicate that this row has PDF workorder. 

I hope you can understant. It is kinda hard to explain...

0 2 142
2 REPLIES 2

Hey,

in Action > Behavior > Only if this condition is true 
put the following expression:

COUNT(FILTER("PDF Workorder", ([PDF workorder ID] = [_THISROW].[workorder ID]))) < 1

๐Ÿ˜

Hi,
thank you for your help. Does that work for dataset that is from another app? 
I know I can add a table from another app but I am afraid it would cause this app to load slower.

Top Labels in this Space