I would appreciate an explanation of how I create a printing bot
to PDF and printer
A link would also help
Thank you!!

Solved Solved
0 17 656
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@m-p-2 wrote:

First of all, I want him to give me the icon of the printer and not the icon of the export

This will depend on where you mean.  If you are talking about an action you use to trigger the bot, then you can change the icon within that action.  There is an "Appearance" section that provides a big of list of available icons.  

If you are referring to an icon elsewhere in the app, then please provide some additional details

@m-p-2 wrote:

And secondly, how do I know where my files are saved / how do I define that they will be saved in a certain place???

What are you using as your Cloud storage source?  If it's Google and you are allowing the bot to save the file to its default location, then the file will be inserted into a Folder named "Files" underneath the app folder in your Google Drive.

Whether the file is stored at all will also depend on the Bot Task you are using.  For example, an email Task can be configured to simply attach the file to an email and NOT save the file at all.

View solution in original post

@m-p-2 wrote:

How do I define which actions will appear in this slice?

By default, all actions defined against the source data table should automatically appear for any Slice derived from that source data table.  Only once you have removed the "auto" assignment on the Slice does it then require assignment of ALL actions you wish the Slice to have available.

The fact that you are asking where to assign Slice actions tells me that you are probably still subject to the default behavior and you should be seeing the action in the Detail view.

But to answer your question you would assign actions to a Slice as shown in the image below:

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.29.31 AM.png

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

For creating of a PDF from automation/bot, please start with this article for more details.

As for printing, there is no supported feature for that within AppSheet.  Instead you would need to rely on the file viewer and send files to a printer from there.

Ok, I created a PDF printing bot
First of all, I want him to give me the icon of the printer and not the icon of the export
And secondly, how do I know where my files are saved / how do I define that they will be saved in a certain place???

For automated printing, see services like FolderMill, as mentioned in  Number of copies - Task create a new file - Google Cloud Community

@m-p-2 wrote:

This will depend on where you mean.  If you are talking about an action you use to trigger the bot, then you can change the icon within that action.  There is an "Appearance" section that provides a big of list of available icons.  

If you are referring to an icon elsewhere in the app, then please provide some additional details

@m-p-2 wrote:

What are you using as your Cloud storage source?  If it's Google and you are allowing the bot to save the file to its default location, then the file will be inserted into a Folder named "Files" underneath the app folder in your Google Drive.

Whether the file is stored at all will also depend on the Bot Task you are using.  For example, an email Task can be configured to simply attach the file to an email and NOT save the file at all.

Is it possible to display this bot in DETAIL or FORM and not only in DECK?

@m-p-2 wrote:

Is it possible to display this bot

Assuming you mean an action that you've configured to somehow trigger the automation, then...

@m-p-2 wrote:

DETAIL

...yes.

@m-p-2 wrote:

FORM

...no.

Experiment with the action's Prominence property to see the different options.

In DECK there is an option of ACTION and in DETAIL there is none
Where do I define to use this action??

mp2_0-1672733904016.png

Actions defined as "Display Prominently" will appear automatically...UNLESS...the DETAIL view is based on a Slice AND the Slice has been defined to only allow specific actions to be available.  If so, then this new action would also need to be added to that Slice list.

The DETAIL operation is indeed based on a slice

@m-p-2 wrote:

By default, all actions defined against the source data table should automatically appear for any Slice derived from that source data table.  Only once you have removed the "auto" assignment on the Slice does it then require assignment of ALL actions you wish the Slice to have available.

The fact that you are asking where to assign Slice actions tells me that you are probably still subject to the default behavior and you should be seeing the action in the Detail view.

But to answer your question you would assign actions to a Slice as shown in the image below:

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 11.29.31 AM.png

Thanks,
How do I define for ACTION where to be displayed on the page?
He shows it to me above before the caption and I want it to be on the right side of the page and overlay on the caption.

I managed ๐Ÿ˜€!!

Good Morning:)
I would really love to know how I can have the PDF file open for me as soon as I click on print in my software and not get to Google Drive.
I really need to know
Thank you!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

In your app you should have a File column that is assigned the path to your file.  A File type column will automatically be given a "File Open" action. 

There are several ways to show this File Open action

• If you open a Detail view showing that File column, the action shows automatically on the right-hand side of the field.
  • In a Table View, when showing the File column, the default behavior is to display the action in the column.
  • If you prefer to customize the action beyond the default, you can change the display name to whatever you wish and you can change the display type to Prominent or Primary to suit your needs.

Once you have the action set to display how you want,  all a user needs to do it tap the action to open the file in the viewer.  This happens on mobile devices and desktops.  Then the user would select the Print option in the viewer to send the file to the printer on the local network.  This obviously means that WiFi must be turned on the device.

I hope this helps!

This question has been answered many times.

Search - Google Cloud Community

Thanks
But I didn't find any answer to my question there ๐Ÿ˜ž

How do I present the PDF file I created in such a way that I can print directly to the printer?
(like CTRL+P)
(It is saved in my GOOGLE DRIVE)

Top Labels in this Space