added modifier to end of order key / order id

if a crew member makes a change to the work order, we want it to upon update, to add "-1,-2,-3" etc after the work order number to designate the revision number they are going off of.

0 3 67
3 REPLIES 3

If you are looking for a specific expression, then sharing your Work Order table definition is required.

One approach to your requirements would be:

1. Create a column of type Change Counter
  2. Create a VC to concatenate your original work order number and the Change Counter

TeeSee1_1-1645074815828.png

This is the result after you update the order twice...

TeeSee1_0-1645074762728.png

Follow up question , see attached Work order table screen capture 

i am still figuring out the layout or flow. 
here is my thought process 

the "order key" = is generated auto 

the "Order ID" = a "prefix" based user account creation, Then a unique 6 digit number // this will be what is displayed and this is where we would want to add the -1,-2,-3 etc  (but is a child to "order key")

"Order-Active Version" = True / False 

as the orders are edited, we want to archive/log the change, meaning we want to be able to go back and see what the original order was and its history  

again, im very new to coding myself, i have worked with DEVOs before leading projects but i didn't code

Screenshot 2022-02-17 114111.png

Thank you for the response, that helps me plan. 

Yes, i will be happy to post when i get to that point.     that was a question i had before starting to see if it was feasible. 

the project is at the "i have all of the data points" such as columns and data required and data need to collect after work order is finished 

might be biting off more than i can handle 

Top Labels in this Space