app behaves differently in desktop mode

hi

i'm creating and testing an app and i'm noticing an odd behaviour. in a table (let's call it "product list" ) i have a column (let's call it "full product name") which conatins a formula (in the app, not on google shheets) that basically concatenate the value from 2 other columns. furthermore, this column has a valid if condition which doesnt accept the value if there is already a row of that colum with that text. the formula i used in the "valid if" field is something like that: 

NOT(IN([_THIS],product list[full product name])) 

Everything works great in preview (mobile and tablet): if i try to add a row in the table and the full product name that results from the formula is already in that column i get an error message, otherwise the value gets recorded.

the problem is that the same thing doesn't work if i open the app in desktop mode (or desktop preview). in this case every value is considered as invalid, even if it's not already in the column.

why it behaves differently in this mode? i never had this issue so far

thanks

0 5 194
5 REPLIES 5

See existing discussion of this issue in  In Preview: New UI design for desktop users - Google Cloud Community

thanks for the quick reply

i just checked and i discovered that the desktop mode preview is already activated

Yes, that's why you're seeing the desktop mode.

i just read that 

• Forms show incorrect values when computed from expression

so this might be the issue?

I'm not following that thread closely. Nonetheless, I have seen posts (during the last couple weeks, I believe) describing an issue related to the following scenario. You should post any questions or observations related to desktop mode in that thread.

@ste999 wrote:

this column has a valid if condition which doesnt accept the value if there is already a row of that colum with that text

Top Labels in this Space