appsheet ref search

I have two tables
The first table, (customer) contains customer number and customer name
The second table (operational order) contains the data of the operating order, the date, the employee and the customer number, a reference from the customer table. A relationship was made between the customer table and the operating order table by the customer number. When choosing the customer number in the operating order table of type ref, a list of customer numbers appears that I can search by I can't search by customer name or mobile number

0 10 116
10 REPLIES 10

Try changing the Label for the customer table, so you could use, for example, customer name

The name of the customer can be repeated, so I use the customer number as the primary key, so I want in the drop-down list to be able to search by the customer number, customer name or mobile number

Can I know why the customer can be repeated? Maybe there is some config left that you haven't considered

The customer list is very large and the probability of repeating the customer name is large so we use the customer number as a reference

But, if you have the same customer twice, it means you don't have good rules to prevent duplication. Or, if you imported it, you have to fix your dataset

@SkrOYC's original suggestion is the correct one: make the customer name column row label. Keep the customer number as the row key.

The name of the customer is repeated in the customer database because the customer database is large and what differentiates between customers is the mobile number, the ID number, the region and the neighborhood, so it is not possible to make the customerโ€™s name a primary key. Choosing the customer, a number is placed in the customer number field in the operating order

I'm going to explain it a little bit better.

You can't do what you want, search for a customer using a value from another column that's not label under a dropdown.

If you have the customer name more than once, you have to:

• Think a better way to name your customers inside your database
  • Create a VC with a concatenatio of your customers' name and other field to make it as unique as posible

I suggest you to check (again) if your database is OK or not, since you should not have any duplicates.

Please confirm why on earth you would have two customers with the same name. Are you talking about two people? It's the same customer with different data? We can help as long as you tell us enough info

The database consists of projects with the names of clients, and there are two cases of repetition: the first is that there is more than one project for the same client with different data, and the second is that sometimes there is a similarity between the names of clients

Ok, so the solution (IMHO) is obvious, manage your projects using a better method.
I have a PO generator and it has a unique reference per-client, it would never be the name of the client itself.

I think you should do both, change your naming convention as well as add a VC with a concatenation of a unique code/reference + the customer name

Top Labels in this Space