appsheet to invoke action to clear and sanitize data in sheet

hi , 

From appsheet how to invoke an action to obtain two of my requirements ( for instance user making a start of the day event).

0)"BACKUP Data" - Run an action make a copy of the google sheet and backup the google sheet to some other name with date in the name - similar to versioning before removing the data)

1)"Reset Data"- Clear my backend google sheet  except the headers by deleting all the data , 

2)"Initialize Data" - And apply formula's to certain columns to make the google sheet sanitized for new entries  every day.

any references or templates that exist that shows similar functionality and any help is much appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 1 77
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0) Not possible in Appsheet. An App Script could accomplish this. However I'd advise that this is not great practice unless huge amounts of data make it necessary. Better to simply keep the data in the sheet but "flag" it as inactive or similar.

1) You can use the "execute" action to run a delete action across every row of the table. Or use appsheet API to do this would be more efficient. Or again, a script. Also again, perhaps not the best practice for same reasons as above.

2) Not really sure what you mean by this. All formulas configured in appsheet will remain in place through any of these operations.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

0) Not possible in Appsheet. An App Script could accomplish this. However I'd advise that this is not great practice unless huge amounts of data make it necessary. Better to simply keep the data in the sheet but "flag" it as inactive or similar.

1) You can use the "execute" action to run a delete action across every row of the table. Or use appsheet API to do this would be more efficient. Or again, a script. Also again, perhaps not the best practice for same reasons as above.

2) Not really sure what you mean by this. All formulas configured in appsheet will remain in place through any of these operations.

Top Labels in this Space