appsheet valid if expression from reference column

HI There, I'm trying set "Value Of" expression, for dependent dropdown. All columns are work just fine except one ref column. From ref column all values returns as a one string separated by comma.

TigranKarapetya_0-1685686996917.png

TigranKarapetya_1-1685687029752.png

Solved Solved
0 14 256
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To select values of [Related TERMINAL PARKs] just from one record from Branches table, you would need to select one particular record from the Branches table. This is so because unlike other columns, [Related TERMINAL PARKs] already contains a list. So expression of Branches[Related TERMINAL PARKs] creates a list of list.

So you will need a way to select [Related TERMINAL PARKs] from only one record, depending on other column selections in the form such as Company or Branch. That is why I suggested the SELECT() statement. 

So the user can first select either Company or Branch and based on that selection in the form, one record of  [Related TERMINAL PARKs] is selected. You can then use to split the list from that one record by using SPLIT() function into distinct values of an enum.

Hope I could explain why you need SELECT() statement for the column [Related TERMINAL PARKs]

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Please try 

SPLIT(TEXT(Branches[Related Terminal Parks])," , ")

thank you for answer,

but it's not working, field in form disappeared

Please share details of column setting. Which table's column you are trying it and why you are referencing related values. And please update which view has it disappeared.

My testing shows it works in a similar setting purely as an expression in enumlist's valid_if

The column "orders"  is in Products table. It refers to related orders from the Customers table

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1685690954775.png

The product form looks like below:

Column "orders" in the form.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1685691062408.png

Column "orders' expanded as enumlist.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1685691098687.png

TigranKarapetya_0-1685691982182.png

now dropdown is work, but i need dependent dropdown, in this case in dropdown all elements in column

TigranKarapetya_1-1685692179253.png

TigranKarapetya_2-1685692310747.png

In case without SPLIT, working dependent dropdown, but, all values returning as a one string, and I can't choose

Please simply try [Related Terminal Parks]

If that does not work, as already requested plesse share the two / three table columns screenshot  where you are using this expression. Please mention  if these tables are referenced etc.

TigranKarapetya_0-1685697838069.png

This is the table from wher all info for depanded dropdowns 

2023_06_02_13_25_51_Lime_AppSheet.jpg

TigranKarapetya_1-1685698053507.pngTigranKarapetya_2-1685698077161.pngTigranKarapetya_3-1685698101139.png

Thank you. Please try 

SPLIT(TEXT(SELECT(Branches[Related Terminal Park], [Branches]=[_THISROW].[Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1685699829116.png]))," , ")

Or please try 

SPLIT(TEXT(SELECT(Branches[Related Terminal Park], [Company]=[_THISROW].[Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1685700086111.png]))," , ")

Or please try 

SPLIT(TEXT(SELECT(Branches[Related Terminal Park], [Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1685700205728.png]=[_THISROW].[Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1685700205728.png]))," , ")

May we know in which language these tables/ columns are named?

Thank you for answer 🙂

Language is Armenian .

SPLIT(TEXT(SELECT(Branches[Related Terminal Park], [Branches]=[_THISROW].[

TigranKarapetya_0-1685702046086.png

]))," , ")

This one also not working. Rest columns are working just fine, only last column is problem

Could you elaborate? Do you mean other selected expressions are working? And could you update in what way it is not working?

Last column in the source table is REF,

TigranKarapetya_1-1685703148689.png

and result in main table (where Valid if expression "Branches[Related TERMINAL PARKs]") ilike in screenshot below. but should be different rows, instead of separated by comma

sorry for my english, I know its not the best 🙂

TigranKarapetya_0-1685703005200.png

To select values of [Related TERMINAL PARKs] just from one record from Branches table, you would need to select one particular record from the Branches table. This is so because unlike other columns, [Related TERMINAL PARKs] already contains a list. So expression of Branches[Related TERMINAL PARKs] creates a list of list.

So you will need a way to select [Related TERMINAL PARKs] from only one record, depending on other column selections in the form such as Company or Branch. That is why I suggested the SELECT() statement. 

So the user can first select either Company or Branch and based on that selection in the form, one record of  [Related TERMINAL PARKs] is selected. You can then use to split the list from that one record by using SPLIT() function into distinct values of an enum.

Hope I could explain why you need SELECT() statement for the column [Related TERMINAL PARKs]

thanks a lot, it's work correctly. You explain very well 🙂

You are welcome. Good to know it works the way you want.

Top Labels in this Space