auto suggest/copy previous filled row value to the next row and allow users to edit the copied value

Hi,

I am giving users to fill a table with multiple columns. To reduce their efforts I want to auto copy all the values from editable columns to the next empty row and then the user can decide if they want to edit the copied values or not.

Example:

I want the row value which was filled latest to be copied for Deliver note and Storage location in the all  the remaining rows:

Archana_831_0-1687236090194.png

Is there a formula which I can apply for these columns specifically?

0 4 129
4 REPLIES 4

anyone??

Please explore the action type "Add a new row to another table using values from this record" as an inline action in the table view.

Even though the action mentions "add a new row to another table" ,  one can add the row to the same table. Once the row is added, copying all the values, (except key- this will need to be set explicitly new) from the copied row, the user can change any values using 'Quick Edit" in the table mode.

Another option to explore is the action type "Copy this row and edit the copy" . In this case the form will open with all values pre-filled in from the copied row. The user can make any changes in the form and submit the form to add the record.

Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

hi,

I wanted only Deliver Note column value to get copied in all the rows. Is it possible?

Okay, you initially mentioned some other requirement

@Archana_831 wrote:

I want to auto copy all the values from editable columns to the next empty row

If it is only one column you could try LINKTOFORM() action. So while opening the new form to add the row, only desired values from the row being copied are included in the new form.

Sample app below. It is from the help article Get started by using the feature samples - AppSheet Help

The sample app: 

Linktoform Example - AppSheet

Please read the sample app's app documentation under the option Info --> Properties --> App documentation to understand the use case.

Top Labels in this Space