automatic pdf creation and view

Hi all. I'm currently working on a project that requires the creation of a pdf file after every register in the app. 

I came up with a bot that creates the pdf, and names it accordingly, then, in my main sheet i created a column that stores the path to the file (done using initial value formula) , and finally an action that opens the file, while looking at said path column.

I also changed the sync settings so that after each save, the file and path are link, afterwards, i can click the action button that opens the file

However, this app is intended to be used with people that would very much appreciate fewer steps.

How could i adapt the current workflow in a way such that every time I press the save button, the app stores the register and automatically opens the pdf file?

Appreciate your help. 

0 3 116
3 REPLIES 3

It sounds everything else is doable, but not the last one. This is because.. if you would open the file automatically, you would probably get "file not found" error because the saving process to for example Google Drive takes at least 5..10 secs.

Hello. I actually suspected that it was not possible, because of what you just said. What a shame. 

Thanks for your reply and help.

edit: spelling

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space