automation to send email using to and cc with embedded app view

Hi friends,

I want to have an automation process to send email with(To and CC) recipients in a table based on service type .I want also to send an embedded app view as email body to have Approve or Reject answer to the requester.Here is how my table looks like:

eldderri_0-1714597779782.png

What are the steps of making the bot and the embeded appview knowing that my Requests table has the following headers:

eldderri_1-1714597924176.png

Best regards,

0 9 163
9 REPLIES 9

The links above are valuable and helped me a lot:

I have used an expression both in to and CC as follows:

IFS([Service Type]="Training Request",select(Services[To],[Service Type]="Training Request"),[Service Type]="Work Experience Request",select(Services[To],[Service Type]="Work Experience Request")......

But what if I have two or more recipients in To colum like my case above:

eldderri_1-1714645250757.png

Hello there,

You don't need to hard code every service type into your expression since you already have a table for them.

I'm guessing the "Service Type" column in your "Requests" table is a REF to the "Service Types" table, in that case use these dereference expressions instead for your To and CC fields, respectively:

[Service Type].[To]

[Service Type].[CC]

You can read more about dereference expressions here:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/10107396?hl=en 

In my "Requests" table  I get Service Type from table Services using valid if formula :

select(Services[Service Type],true)

Is there any way to get the desired result?

I don't understand your question, that expression would net you a list of the Service Types as text, but if you're trying to populate a list for your user to choose from so he can pick a Service Type in your REF column then you should use only Services[ID] instead

I mean If I use the above mentioned expression:

select(Services[Service Type],true)

how can I modify my email recipients expression:

IFS([Service Type]="Training Request",select(Services[To],[Service Type]="Training Request"),[Service Type]="Work Experience Request",select(Services[To],[Service Type]="Work Experience Request")......

Best regards,

I believe I have already answered both questions, do you understand how dereference expressions work and how you can use them to replace this expression:

@eldderri wrote:

with these ones?

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY wrote:
[Service Type].[To]

[Service Type].[CC]

I Think I do not have sufficient knowledge about using  dereferrence ,that is why I could not get the idea.I will have a look on it and give your solution a try.

Thank you,

I highly suggest that you do, it's probably the most important thing you have to learn about AppSheet, it will change your life.

If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Top Labels in this Space