behavior Action error

I have made a behavior Action, I have a problem in it. All the columns of my sheet are not showing in this behavior Action. how can i fix it.

not showing all columnsnot showing all columns

Solved Solved
0 16 307
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@Sirfyaad wrote:

...all my sheet columns are not showing in this action. 

What so you mean by "all"?  You are showing an image of the action and have already added columns to it

Please provide an image to show us the Table definition INCLUDING:

• all the columns and how they are defined
  • the App Formula property
  • the Editable property

View solution in original post

Columns need to be EDITABLE as @WillowMobileSys has already mentioned.

Check your column definitions more carefully.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi @Sirfyaad 

What happens when you click on Add?

Hi @Lynn @WillowMobileSys @Suvrutt_Gurjar @TeeSee1 

Not showing all column. how can i fix this. i need your help please.

Action add buttonAction add button

I assume you are implying that Courier Name is not showing as a column to select in your action?

Columns that have an App Formula cannot be edited either in Forms or by actions.  The app Formula is supposed to supply the value whenever a new row is added OR a row is edited. 

If there is no App Formula, another possibility is whether the column is Editable or not.  Check the Editable property of the column.

I tried a lot but all my sheet columns are not showing in this action. How will all the columns be shown inside this action add icon.

@Sirfyaad wrote:

...all my sheet columns are not showing in this action. 

What so you mean by "all"?  You are showing an image of the action and have already added columns to it

Please provide an image to show us the Table definition INCLUDING:

• all the columns and how they are defined
  • the App Formula property
  • the Editable property

See below @WillowMobileSys 

I have 21 columns in my sheet, and only 12 columns are showing in action.

Capture.PNGCapture 3-3.PNGCapture 3.PNGCapture 2-2.PNGCapture 2.PNGCapture 1-1.PNG

Columns need to be EDITABLE as @WillowMobileSys has already mentioned.

Check your column definitions more carefully.

It is working, but there is a problem. When I press the update icon in the detail view, all the columns get updated. I want to update the data only where I press the update icon. 

You need to provide more details.

A detail view has no standard update button but an Edit button. So I do not understand what you are saying.

Hi @TeeSee1 @WillowMobileSys @Lynn 

My english is not so good but i try to understand you. 

working here. But there is a problem in this. This action behavior has to be press on the inside or outside in the details. Applies to all rows.

I want that when I use this action inside detail view then only that detail gets updated. Not all rows.

Screenshot_20221005-085355870~3.jpg

โ€ƒ

Show us the definition of this action button.

FILTER("MPOP CAMPUS SCAN SHEET", ISBLANK(SKU))

Please help 

A couple things. 

First, if your "Columns Sync" button is intended to perform some update on the row viewed in the detail view, you don't have to use an expression to re-select it.  The action will already have access to that row using the [_THISROW] parameter.

Second, what kind of updates are you attempting to do?  The row that is shown should not require a button to update it.  Updates to a row are done in three ways:

1. User updates value
  2. App Formula updates value when the row is changed
  3. Virtual Column that is updated any time a Sync is performed.  Syncs are executed any time a row is added or changed.

If implemented properly, the row should never get into a state where you need a CUSTOM button to update it.  The Sync button takes care of Virtual Column updates.  All other updates would be performed when the row is added/edited.

Thanks for replying. Can you type the expression and give it to me. 

FILTER("MPOP CAMPUS SCAN SHEET", ISBLANK(SKU).[_THISROW]) 

Is the expression correct here? 

Did you read my post? 

You do not need an expression to re-select the row at all.  The row shown will be passed to the action when you tap the button. The question to you is...What do you want the "Sync Columns" button to actually do?

Top Labels in this Space