blank email template fields in start expression

Hi, 

Have any of you experienced receiving all blank fields in an email template table with a start-end expression while the number of table rows produced in the template corresponds with the in-app virtual column formula-produced rows which are not blank?

I was hoping there is maybe a simple trick about this.

Thank you,

Hyman

Solved Solved
0 16 479
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Looks to me like your key column is misconfigured:

Steve_0-1659018911810.png

Change this:

Steve_1-1659019010280.png

To this:

FILTER("Category Report", NOT([Full Report Sum]=0))

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

So the table in the email template shows the correct number of rows that there should be but the values are blank. In the app, it works fine.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Huh?

Hi Steve, thanks for having a look. Yes, double huh : )

I use this formula in the app: SELECT(Category Report[EntryID],NOT([Full Report Sum]=0)) where [Full Report Sum] is - SWITCH([FPeriod], "Custom",[Full Custom], "This Financial Year",[Full This Year], "Previous Financial Year",[Full Previous Year],[Full Transactions])

This gives a Ref List to the Category Report table which is a Slice. In the app it works perfect like this:

Hyman_van_Zyl_0-1658781786301.png

But when I try to display that in an email template using this:

Categories

Categories Balance: <<[Sum Full Report]>>

Category

Total

Budget

<<Start: [Custom Categories]>><<[Category]>>

<<[Full Report Sum]>>

<<[Program Budget Total]>><<End>>

I get something like this which has the correct number of table rows but they are empty:

Hyman_van_Zyl_1-1658782402286.png

Thank you,

Hyman

Where does [Custom Categories] come from? What does it contain?

Hi Steve,

Sorry, should have been clearer, [Custom Categories] contains the insert called Full Category Report of the cellphone view I added above. That list of transactions is what is generated by this formula in the app under the virtual column called Custom Categories: SELECT(Category Report[EntryID],NOT([Full Report Sum]=0))

In that app view it shows a different heading as I changed the display name.

Thank you

@Steve please don't give up on me 😀

Thank you

So [Custom Categories] is a list of Ref. What table do those Ref values refer to? Please post a screenshot of the columns of that table.

Hi Steve, 

Not sure how to get all the columns in one screenshot. But here goes the top ones. The [Custom Catergories] REF is referencing its own table, this one, but a Slice thereof.

Hyman_van_Zyl_0-1658997565421.png

If you send me your email I can share the Google Sheet and App with you.

Thanks so much

Hyman

Looks to me like your key column is misconfigured:

Steve_0-1659018911810.png

Change this:

Steve_1-1659019010280.png

To this:

FILTER("Category Report", NOT([Full Report Sum]=0))

Hi Steve,

You are a star. Amazing how you figure these things out. Thank you, problem solved.

GV
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Hi @Hyman_van_Zyl  I have tried to send you a direct message but it does not seem to work.

I am trying to do the same as you (with a less complex underlying page).

But I got stuck as AppSheet does not recognize my parameters.

Link -> Template

Screenshot G Sheet - the idea is to send on a weekly basis all the tab with a filter depending status.

Capture d’écran 2022-07-26 à 17.46.08.png

Do you think you could help ?

Thanks

Hi,

So what is the problem? Do you also get a table with blank rows in the resulting document? 

Hi Hyman,

Thanks for your answer, I don't even have the blank rows because my function Start does not work. I wrote you down more explanations on my issue.

Business need : I want to send on a weekly basis a report that takes all the data from a certain tab ("Suivi de Chantier") with a filter on the column Status (only 2 status). The idea is to send this report to all the stakeholders (customers, craftmen, and architect) to make sure the To Do list is cristal clear. 

Capture d’écran 2022-07-27 à 12.03.58.png

Capture d’écran 2022-07-27 à 12.06.58.png

 So far, I have created an automation triggered on a weekly basis, 

Capture d’écran 2022-07-27 à 12.10.14.png

with this templates using the Start Expression but App Sheet does not recognize my parameter. I am quite new in the App Sheet community and this is definitely the hardest thing I had to do.

Thanks for your help

Hi GV,

You have intercepted my problem now preventing me to receive any help. Please log your problem separately under its own question. There are people much more experienced than me to assist you.

In the meantime, if you are sure the automation is triggered, I think scheduled triggers are dependent on your level of subscription, then you can check for an error descriptions by going to Manage>Monitor>Audit History

Hi Hyman,

Sorry I did not know, thanks for your reply 😉

@GV ,

Please start a new thread as suggested by @Hyman_van_Zyl 

Please try with a START expression of 

<<START: SELECT(Suivi de Chantier[Key Column of the table Suivi de Chantier], [Status]="Status You want the report for")>>

Top Labels in this Space