build a report

Hi! I want to build a report like a pivot table from google sheets where I can add different filters that shows me exactly what I'm looking for.

Solved Solved
0 7 208
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

1. Create the PIVOT Table in Google Sheet with the required Rows and Columns based on how you want the Summary to look like
  2. Create another static table with same structure as the PIVOT Table (Column Names as you want in the App and Rows in First Column with the items to be shown in summary)
  3. Use Vlookup to fill this Table from PIVOT Table
  4. Add this static table to appsheet and create UX and Format Rules as needed to attain the final view

download.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I think Pivot Table like reports are not possible in appsheet. But i have made a summary view in Appsheet with help of pivot table with fixed filters, columns and rows as you cannot modify the columns once the table is added in appsheet unless you regenerate the columns everytime.

Seems similar to what I was looking for. Can u show me how can I do this?

1. Create the PIVOT Table in Google Sheet with the required Rows and Columns based on how you want the Summary to look like
  2. Create another static table with same structure as the PIVOT Table (Column Names as you want in the App and Rows in First Column with the items to be shown in summary)
  3. Use Vlookup to fill this Table from PIVOT Table
  4. Add this static table to appsheet and create UX and Format Rules as needed to attain the final view

download.png

Nice approach @jyothis_m 

The summary table looks elegant. 

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

In fact I have added several PIVOT Tables in a single Google Sheet and then combined all those together into a summary table (for appsheet). The summary table fetches the data from different pivot tables using Vlookup as needed

Such Summary Views in Appsheet can be further improved by adding visual indicators instead of just figures similar to one shown below which is originally a pivot table in the background

download (1).png

Top Labels in this Space