can we use "mil second" level in "Duration" type?

Hi,

I am using AppSheet for managing members of our athlete club and would like to store each record for members in various events.

When it comes to record time - in a sprint or a distance, we need to record by mil second level, but as I check the type "duration", I only see "HH:MM:SS" in the description. 

As I set the type and tried to write down in mil sec level in the form field, like 00:11:03:60 or 00:11:03.60, it instantly shows a validation error as "This entry is invalid".

AppSheet doesn't support mil second for recording duration of time? If yes, how can we implement it in the App?

I saw a similar post in the community which claims to capture mil second level in "time".

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Feature-Ideas/To-capture-quot-mil-second-quot-level-datetime...

Solved Solved
0 2 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AppSheet does not currently support milli second time capture in its time related fields. The post you have referred is a feature request post to include milli seconds. @Koichi_Tsuji seems to have added some more qualifiers as workarounds such as row number or record number to the time stamp to further distinguish between same time stamp records. 

But as he has requested as feature addition, AppSheet inherently does not have milli seconds capture option.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AppSheet does not currently support milli second time capture in its time related fields. The post you have referred is a feature request post to include milli seconds. @Koichi_Tsuji seems to have added some more qualifiers as workarounds such as row number or record number to the time stamp to further distinguish between same time stamp records. 

But as he has requested as feature addition, AppSheet inherently does not have milli seconds capture option.

Thank you for your prompt response to my question and I understand the current status on this issue. For the time being, I added a comment to the idea and sit still. 

Top Labels in this Space