cant add data to child tables from parent table form

I've realize that my app dont show the "new" button(to create a row in my child table) on my parent table.  

But its was working a few days ago. I even had the last record on september the 25th.

why could this happen?

ps: I have mark the "IS PART OF" button ON

someone had any idea why?

0 19 583
19 REPLIES 19

Any recent changes to the app?  It would help if you could show us, with an image, where you are seeing the problem.  Short of that, see the below to start.

First thing is to check that Add capability is allowed/enabled.   

• Check the data table for the CHILD rows to make sure it allows adds. 
  • If the CHILD rows are based on a Slice, make sure the Slice allows adds. 
  • Make sure that the Add function for the CHILD table doesn't have any criteria that would have disabled the add function.
  • If you have played around with any of the "Localize" parameters to update button names, make you didn't do something to prevent the "New" button from showing - e.g. set the test for the button label to blank

Hi, i've checked the add capability and its normal.

• the child table allow adds.
  • its based on a slice and it allow adds .
  • didnt play with localize parameters
  • its based on a slice and it allow adds 

i made the same configuration in other app and its the same result.

In the table config, make sure the table is accessed as the app owner, not as the app user.

On every single table its setted app creator.

acces mode.png

@WillowMobileSys wrote:

It would help if you could show us, with an image, where you are seeing the problem.

@Luis_Rodriguez_ 

Hi, here it is:

so as youcan see, theres a parent table (APROBAR) and a child table (KARDEX TEMP). each one had its slices.  In the form view I created for VISTA PROCESO INICIAL (the slice based on parent) its added the virtual column that refers LINEAS (the slice from the child table). But as you have noticed, it didnt show.

SLICE ERROR.jpg

Now, if instead of RELATED LINEAS, I add RELATED KARDEX TEMP (chidl table refernce) the new button apears in the same form view:

form addded.jpg

Show_if?

Luis_Rodriguez__0-1665600081251.png

checked, no formula.

What @SkrOYC  said?

Also what you are showing is the Slice definition with no Filter condition - meaning you basically have two sources with the same set of rows.  This is ok but it does mean you could be looking at a different view than you expect.

At the bottom of the emulator in the Editor, there is a "View" property.  It will show the name of the displayed view.  Make sure it matches what you are expecting.  If not, tap the view name to go top that view and make the necessary adjustments.

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 2.47.09 PM.png

If that all looks good, your desired column appears, then something in the column definition or implementation is preventing the column from showing.  Please show us the column definition

HI, I've chekced the view (based on slice from parent table) and there isnt any filter or whatsoever. pretty standard

Luis_Rodriguez__0-1665601508467.png

Here's the column definition. The refrow function calls the name of the slice 'LINEAS' and the key column that reference parent and child tables. there is no data validity.

Luis_Rodriguez__1-1665601656342.png

That column is based on another slice named LINEAS.  Based on your REF_ROWS() expression, the Slice must have the column "Documento" in it and it must be a Ref type column back to "this" table - "Aprobar".

• Slice have the column DOCUMENTO. 
  • DOCUMENTO is a ref type column conected to APROBAR.

There must be something else.

Luis_Rodriguez__0-1665609254137.png

@Luis_Rodriguez_ Did you find a solution to your problem?

not even close.

Ran into this same problem. Checked all the things above. It was working fine until it didn't.

Edit: Specifically for me, the nested form is unavailable. I see the Display Name of the child table, but it's just blank underneath with no "New" button.

First, just to clarify,  "nested form" is not a thing.  If you truly meant "form",  it is not possible.

Assuming you have followed above, that datasource for column matches datasource in expression, etc...3 questions come to mind:

1)   Concerning no rows appearing...are you certain there ARE child rows for the Parent?
2)  Concerning no "New" button appearing, have you altered the Table, Slice or table ADD action to disable adds for any reason?
3)  Have you applied any kind of Valid_If expression that might make it so that NO rows are valid?

Hi

1)Yes there are.

2) No, they all have "add" marked

3) no, no valid if formulas.

Any news on that topic ? I am running into a similar situation...

Thanks

I found the solution to my problem. 
In order to prevent child rows from being modified when the parent row had a status of 'approved, I added a "Only if this condition is true" behavior expression that was conditional on the parent row for system actions "Add", "Delete" and "Edit".

AND([PO number].[Author]=USEREMAIL(),NOT([PO number].[Approved]))

That is fine for "Delete" and "Edit" once the lines were created, but was not for the "Add" action because I guess the expression didn't make sense without any existing line...

So I deleted the condition and the ADD button for children rows is back... (and I added some Editable_if conditions on the child row for the 'approved' status)

Cheers

Top Labels in this Space