change view from bot

Hi everyone, has anybody used bots to change views?. example if inside a detail view with quick edits once an update is triggered navigate somewhere else instead of staying on the same view.

If you have any experience with this can you give me an overview of how you achieved this. Many thanks as always ๐Ÿ˜

Solved Solved
0 3 196
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bots run on AppSheet servers, not on the user's device. Hence, they cannot be used to launch navigation actions. If you include a navigation action inside a bot, the bot will just stop. 

What you can do instead is to hide/show action buttons based on the value of the quick edit column, so that the button shows when the desired value is matched, allowing the user to click and go to the desired view. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bots run on AppSheet servers, not on the user's device. Hence, they cannot be used to launch navigation actions. If you include a navigation action inside a bot, the bot will just stop. 

What you can do instead is to hide/show action buttons based on the value of the quick edit column, so that the button shows when the desired value is matched, allowing the user to click and go to the desired view. 

thank you for sharing your knowledge. I have users getting confused with quick edit due to the view not changing on update, guess I will dump the quick edit and just use a form edit to work round this problem.

Many thanks again

Welcome, and well done for taking into account your users experience ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Top Labels in this Space