changing name and location of the files/image after uploaded via Appsheet

I use MYSQL as data source, have a table with an image and a file field

I use Google for logging in.

Appsheet allows me to upload files and images through that, which will save in a folder in my Google Drive, under appsheet/data/[the app's name]/[the table name]...

After the upload, 

1. can I relocate the file to other folders as long as it is still in my Google Drive?

2. Can I rename the file?

What I want to achieve after all, is to use Appsheet to capture files/images, either by drag and drop with web interface, or via mobile phone's camera; then the image can be stored in different folders but still maintain the link with the database via Appsheet

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 3 1,313
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

The value stored in the table's image/file column is a relative file path, from the apps "Default folder" * (from the "properties" tab in the editor), to the uploaded image/file. If you change the file name, or its location, you'd have to also change the value stored in the table. 

Also, you can only store files relatively "below" the default folder, otherwise the app cannot access them.

* (this behavior is specific to your MySQL case, for GSheets it is typically relative to where that table's GSheet is, not the default folder)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The value stored in the table's image/file column is a relative file path, from the apps "Default folder" * (from the "properties" tab in the editor), to the uploaded image/file. If you change the file name, or its location, you'd have to also change the value stored in the table. 

Also, you can only store files relatively "below" the default folder, otherwise the app cannot access them.

* (this behavior is specific to your MySQL case, for GSheets it is typically relative to where that table's GSheet is, not the default folder)

I see. 

In other words, am I correct to say:

1. as soon as I change the name of the file, I will no longer access the file in Appsheet

2. as soon as I move the file out of the original folder it was saved in, I will no longer access the file in Appsheet

3. I may create a subfolder within the original folder and move the file into, I can then still access the file via Appsheet.

Correct

Top Labels in this Space