column for table1 refer to column for table2 (with action set)

So far, I have two tables. 
One is a 'event list' showing all the upcoming events, another one is a 'form'.

The columns in the 'event list' table are: event name, event date, and images. 
The column in the ' form' table areevent name, Name, age

I created an inline action (Let's call it 'join') for each of the event listed in 'even list'.
When the user click into the action, it would goto the view 'form'.
I want the event name column in the view 'form' which can auto refer to the event name that the user click from the 'event list'. How should I set the formula? 

0 2 163
2 REPLIES 2

@bbbird wrote:

I want the event name column in the view 'form' which can auto refer to the event name that the user click from the 'event list'. How should I set the formula? 

First, in the "Event List" table, set the Event Name column as the label column.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 9.32.06 AM.png

Next, in your "Form" table, set the column "Event Name" to the type of Ref as shown in image. 

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 9.34.48 AM.png

Set the Valid If of this Event Name column to the expression:

Event List[Row Key]

Where [Row Key] is name of the column set in the Event List table as the Key.  See first image - Action ID is set as the key so that column holds the Row Key.

With this configuration, AppSheet will show a dropdown list of events and will automatically show the Event Name column of the EVent List table as the displayed value - because it is set as the Label.

You now have your Form row "linked" to the selected event and can grab any OTHER data from that event row to use on your Form row - Date and Images.

I hope this helps!

it shows a drop down list of event name from 'event list', but not automatically display the selected event name. I have  added a 'ID' column to 'event list'  as key, but still doesn't works. it shows error: Table 'event list' has duplicate key value '' in the key columns of rows 2 and 3

Top Labels in this Space