convert date to weekday text value

I am trying to display the date of the day of the week in the app view of my application. I have tried various methods but am new to the program and have not found a satisfactory solution. Any help to send me in the right direction would be much appreciated.Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 5.27.14 PM.png

Solved Solved
0 9 271
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome to the community!

You can use:

INDEX( {"Sun", "Mon", ... , "Sat"}, WEEKDAY([date]) )

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Welcome to the community!

You can use:

INDEX( {"Sun", "Mon", ... , "Sat"}, WEEKDAY([date]) )

Thank you for the reply and the welcome! This formula is accepted by AppSheet but once I input it the calendar disappears from my "new project" view and I am unable to input new values. Any idea why this may be? Let me know if any screenshots or more info would be helpful, thanks again!

I just tried adding an initial value of TODAY() which made the date selection appear but I am unable in input values.

You should have two separate columns:

1. "Date", type Date. This is the one the Calendar is based on. 

2. "Weekday", type Text, with the above expression as App formula. This is used for display in your view. 

Hmm I tried that but now it's showing the date and an empty Weekday column. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here.Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 6.02.38 PM.png

Just figured it out, it was because weekday was capitalized haha. Thank you so much for your help!

Welcome, I'm glad it worked, yet commands in AppSheet are not case sensitive. It must have been something else.

Strange. Not sure what it was then. Thanks anyway!

Add a new row, and it will show correctly. 

Older rows will not be filled in unless you edit them through the app. Just edit the row and save it.

Top Labels in this Space