csv file generates with a single blank row at the end how to remove

Hi everyone, I have a csv file that's generating with a single blank row at the end. I've checked for carriage returns and additional spaces etc but no luck.  I've even added a filter on the select statement to make sure it generated only applicable records.  Does anyone have any ideas? A million thank you's

Daisy_Ramirez_1-1674082640762.png

When I open it in Notepad or double click on the - it displays a blank record on the end. 

Daisy_Ramirez_0-1674082425174.png

Daisy_Ramirez_2-1674083114681.png

0 5 141
5 REPLIES 5

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

I've checked for carriage returns

If you didn't already, be sure to check both following the Start expression and preceding the End expression.

I think there might be a technical issue.  The same template is in use as an attachment to an email and set to create a file.  The csv file saved to Google Drive shows the blank row but the attachment does not have the row.

Is there a formatting setting I'm missing? I've generated many files in the past and have not had this issue.

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

I think there might be a technical issue.  The same template is in use as an attachment to an email and set to create a file.  The csv file saved to Google Drive shows the blank row but the attachment does not have the row.

If you're using the same method to open each of these files and one have a blank row while the other doesn't, then that indeed suggests a bug in the file creation.

@Daisy_Ramirez wrote:

I've generated many files in the past and have not had this issue.

FWIW, I have an app that generates .csv files saved to Google Drive, and they don't have a blank row when I open them (e.g., using Drive preview or downloading and using Mac TextEdit).

Could you send the file by DM to check?

Thanks so much, I've sent over the csv template by dm

Top Labels in this Space