delete certain cell in a row

Could anyone be nice to tell me how to do this:

1. My user will sometimes delete the data he inputs(data:Datetime, Name,Item) through the App,  and the Delete button will delete the whole row from the database,

but I have formulas on certain cells that I do not want to be deleted every time. how to set actions to delete only ID, Datetime, Name and Item?

table name:sakai

action.png

Thank you

0 2 141
2 REPLIES 2

@Amyosaka wrote:

the Delete button will delete the whole row

You can Control add, update, and delete operations for the table--or, alternatively, for a slice based on the table. If necessary, you can do so for only specific users.

@Amyosaka wrote:

how to set actions to delete only ID, Datetime, Name and Item

You could create an action using the type Data: set the value of some columns in this row to clear the values of the columns you want.

@Amyosaka wrote:

I have formulas on certain cells that I do not want to be deleted every time

At least from your post, it's unclear what formulas you're referencing and why you want to retain them in an apparently otherwise empty row. Potentially, there's a better way to accomplish whatever you need.

There's no way to tell a delete action to only delete the data, and not any spreadsheet formulas.

You could run a data change action that just sets all values to blank. All of them except for the key column, which won't be editable.

A better option may be to set a [status] column to "inactive", and use security filters or slices throughout the app to no longer show that record anymore.

Top Labels in this Space