do not overwrite fields when importing csv

Hello, Thank you all in advance, your topics have been very helpful.

I am new to appsheet and I have a problem importing.

When I import a CSV that has some Rows already in the table. In theory, it updates them, but the fields that do not have information or data in the csv overwrite them with the initial value. even though these fields have values โ€‹โ€‹in the spreadsheet.

example:

Spreadsheet:
key | name | state (initial value: Ready)
111 | John | in progress
112 | Peter | Finalized

CSV file:
key | name
111 | Juan
112 | Pedro
113 | Jesus

Result after import:

key | name | state
111 | John | Ready
112 | Peter | Ready
113 | Jesus | Ready

How could I keep the information?
I already tried adding, to Column "STATE" in the CSV and leaving it blank, but it still overwrites it.

Please help me, Thank you very much.

PS: sorry for my english, use google translator.

Solved Solved
0 8 480
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Use a branch condition, or separate bots, for it the key exists already or not. In one, add a new record, in the other update the existing.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Import data to separate columns, or even a separate table, and add formulas to the real columns like:
IF( ISBLANK([import-column]) , [column] , [import-column] )

It cannot be in another column because when importing the csv, it leaves it blank even if I have information and it is not mapped in the CSV, I am going to try another table. thanks

Create a new table to import the data to that one and create an Automation that creates the rows for me with only the data I need.

However, the same thing continues to happen, the other fields that are not mapped are still left blank or with the initial value.

chrome_7ltTxUlA7Z.png

You need to update the records, not add new ones. (note that adding a new record using an existing key value is basically overwriting the existing record)

Sorry if I didn't make myself understood, but basically I need that, add new records and omit existing ones according to the key.

The CSV we get has duplicate records and I need to skip these.

Use a branch condition, or separate bots, for it the key exists already or not. In one, add a new record, in the other update the existing.

Thanks, I'll approve and comment

Thank you so much

It worked by creating a table for the import and creating the CONDITION (branch) in the bot that transfers the unlisted information

Top Labels in this Space