error in formula not working

in googe sheet I have this formula, =IF(ISBLANK(E42),"",B41+E42) but as soon as i enter the date it is gone and the fromula did not work asd it should. in   it shoud take e42 input  and add e42 and  togetrer and show in B42, but wqhen i run it it does not show it in b42, somewhere I am doing somthin wrong, and why does it make beskikbaar key, and not rownumber, plase help me out here 

how do i take required out of one of my columns  Screenshot_76.pngScreenshot_75.png

0 6 134
6 REPLIES 6

@Odiez wrote:

it is gone

Avoid spreadsheet formulas and instead use app formulas.

@Odiez wrote:

the fromula did not work

If you do use a spreadsheet formula, use R1C1 notation. That's often more reliably converted to the app column's Spreadsheet formula property.

@Odiez wrote:

why does it make beskikbaar key, and not rownumber

I don't understand. Your screenshot shows _RowNumber is indeed the key column. Regardless, that's not the best practice. Create your own ID column.

@Odiez wrote:

how do i take required out of one of my columns

Deselect the column's Required property.

Thank you for info, I still have to do more after this one, so can i have help with this 3 on how to use them in app sheets, so I can delte them in my google sheets.

=IF(ISBLANK(E41),"",C40+E41)

=IF(OR(B41="",D41>0),"",B40-B41)

=iferror(D41/E41,"")

Okay please kindly assist me

What info do you need

@Odiez wrote:

=IF(ISBLANK(E41),"",C40+E41)

Here's a quick, untested, rough draft toby illustrate how some relevant AppSheet functions work and get you on a feasible path using your current data design.

IFS(ISNOTBLANK([ColumnE], [ColumnE] + LOOKUP([_RowNumber] - 1, "Table", "_RowNumber", "ColumnC"))

That said, overall you should consider:

• Referencing AppSheet Help, especially the AppSheet function list
  • Optimizing your data structure--in most cases where in a spreadsheet you have formulas in one row referencing values from another row in the same table, the ideal data structure for an AppSheet app will be to have that spreadsheet table split into distinct data sources for separate app tables.

I have treid to convert it to appsheet, but still do have a few errors

=IF(ISBLANK(E41),"",C40+E41) to IF(ISBLANK([ontvang]),"",[Beskikbaar] + [ontvang] + [_ROWNUMBER])  no error just not sure about the rownumbers for 40 and 41

=IF(OR(B41="",D41>0),"",B40-B41) to  IF(OR(ISBLANK([Beskikbaar][_THISROW]),[Bedrag][_THISROW] > 0),"",[Beskikbaar][MAX(ROW([_THISROW]) - LIST(1, COUNT([Beskikbaar][_THISROW]))) - [Beskikbaar][_THISROW]]
)   getting error Column 'Beskikbaar' is used in a SELECT or list dereference expression and should be a List/EnumList of Refs

=iferror(D41/E41,"") to IFERROR([bedrag][_ROWNUMBER] / [ontvang][_ROWNUMBER],"")  with error Column 'bedrag' is used in a SELECT or list dereference expression and should be a List/EnumList of Refs

Top Labels in this Space