executing an action on a rowset that updates the entire row with its formulas From another table

Friends how are you. I have this question, we were talking about a synchronization problem in my app and it is clear that appsheet ran out of resources to calculate. Faced with this situation, I decided to try other solutions. I have a "purchases" table where I store date, item, and cost. I have a table of items where I want to reflect the average cost of purchases in the last 10 days, by giving a value. The most practical is to make a virtual column with the following expression: AVERAGE(SUM(SELECT([Related Items_Purchased][Cost],[date_purchased]>=TODAY()-10)) however, by increasing the number of virtual columns with these calculations, the appsheet starts to lose resources. I was thinking of doing this calculation on a real column and executing an action on a rowset that updates the entire row with its formulas in the items table every time I make a purchase in the purchases table. I know something like this exists but I don't know how to do it. Whoever has an example to see under the hood I will thank you in advance. If you can explain to me too.

1 1 74
1 REPLY 1

If all your columns already have an app formula, you can't update any of them with an action. You could add an additional column to your table and update that with the NOW().  Then it recalculates your other columns.

Top Labels in this Space