extract value from a table with 2 dynamic value

Hello there

I have to extract a value from a table where I have 2  dynamic variables .
The first one is the BARTENDER SHIFT(am/pm/double), the second one is the "SCENARIO"(12/21/22....).

For exemple in the PIC the result will be for the AM 20, PM 30,DOUBLE 50

I cant figure out the way to  make the app choose the correct value inside the table

Thank in advance

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 10.28.41 AM.png

Solved Solved
0 4 133
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@dbaum wrote:

Perhaps you need the LOOKUP function.

Potentially, something like embedded within a series of conditional functions. For example:

IFS(
"AM", LOOKUP(...),
"PM", LOOKUP(...), 
"Single", LOOKUP(...),
"Double", LOOKUP(...)
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I don't clearly understand what you need to accomplish. Perhaps you need the LOOKUP function.

That said, in case you're not already aware, the sheet you screenshotted is not necessarily structured to be used as a data source for an AppSheet app. Potentially, that's the source of whatever obstacle you're encountering.

Thank for reply.

the screenshot  original is just to show how the tipOut is working.

in the Appsheet I already restructured the spreadsheet. My goal is to use the table on the right to find out the right percentage. I’m able to select the number under scenario but I can’t figure how make app sheet go through Am/pm/single/ double 

for instance in the in the spread sheet formula I’m using a index (match ()match ()) formula to accomplish the job

@dbaum wrote:

Perhaps you need the LOOKUP function.

Potentially, something like embedded within a series of conditional functions. For example:

IFS(
"AM", LOOKUP(...),
"PM", LOOKUP(...), 
"Single", LOOKUP(...),
"Double", LOOKUP(...)
)

THANKY VERY MUCH!!!!

In stead of LOOKUP I used ANY(SELECT()) it work out the same.✌️

Top Labels in this Space