fill data as in a mailbox

Hallo,

I'm new to AppSheet, i need to have a form to let users  fill a spreadsheet, the users should not view the data from the spreadsheet. just like a google form, but using an app.

After looking around i could'nt find a way, is it possible?

0 5 78
5 REPLIES 5

Hello,

Yes you can do it in appsheet. When you add data to your app, the system auto-generate a detail view and a form view. You can find in the section "system generated" at the bottom of all the views.

I don't want the user can see this system generated detail view. They have to put data, and i will create a syntetic view to let any user check his own data and the supervisor have a full view. The initial idea was using google form + google spreadsheet, i was thinking appsheet is more flexible..

Yes in appsheet you can only show the form view and create the synthetic view with only the user's data using slices. Slices allows you to cut the data to show only what you want to certain users.

Thank, 

Should i "slice" the "system generated detailed view" or hide this view and create a new sliced view?

The slice is used to slice the data, not the view. So when you have created your slice, there will be an auto-generate view from this slice. You can use it or you can create a view by yourself but I recommend you to use the auto-generate one, it will be easier I think.

The slice is like a filter on a data table.

Top Labels in this Space